Friday, May 11, 2018

Making Progress...

My back is feeling better. I had pains that concerned me after the whole spasm thing, but they are gone so I know that my issues are due to pulling weeds and gardening and not kidney or gallbladder. I should know better than to "Google" symptoms; it totally messes with your mind!

I'm eating a little more than I have been and eating some different things. Yesterday I had a piece of fresh pita bread and a homemade spinach pie from the Syrian bakery, which tasted great, but sank in my stomach like a brick. Not eating any wheat for several weeks has definitely affected my body. The feeling was similar to how  it was after the one cookie last week. NOT GOOD. Perhaps I will remember going forward and just say no. I also had gluten free protein muffins (questionable and sugar) and Soul Full oatmeal, which was good - but also had sugar so it will be a once in a while thing.

Still no fruit  - which is dumb if I've eaten sugar, but whatever....

What concerns me this week is about a need for supplements. Most of the food I eat is healthy, whole, and I thought I would be able to get the nutrients I need until I looked in MFP and saw that most days I am WAY off - calcium, iron, ... at 40% -60%. I honestly have a hard time being consistent with supplements, so I'm going to look for a good quality multivitamin. Is there such a thing?

Even though I feel like I'm eating more, I'm still averaging 1300-1400 calories per week. I think that's decent and WAY less than I was doing the last time I consistently  journaled in MFP. I have exactly one week to go until my next doctor's appointment. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning for a preview and hopefully I'll be still in the 180s...

1 comment:

Enz said...

So glad you're feeling better. Dr. Google always has the worst case scenario!!!