Tuesday, June 05, 2018

GRADUATION!

And the teen graduated.


For anyone who has read my blog - and there aren't many that I know - you are aware of the difficult times we've had especially with the teen. Mental illness isn't pretty. There were some years when I wondered if she'd even finish high school and here we are. With the help of an awesome therapist, supportive, knowledgeable psychiatrist, and a school team that went above and beyond to make sure my teen got the necessary supports. She was finally able to show us who she is. Smart, thoughtful, curious, wanting more for herself and appreciating all of the people who helped.

A teary speech to her favorite teacher who is retiring this year, recognition for her acting, for her growth, and a scholarship from the local women's club ?! We were really proud of her. So in spite of my efforts to send her on a trip - she's opted for a graduation party this Saturday. IT WILL BE GREAT... I hope.

I'm stressed beyond limits... and not. What will be, will be... If there's not enough food we'll order pizza.... The people we care for are coming.... We'll be happy to celebrate... These are the things I've been saying to myself. 

We have DH's sister's family coming (husband and 4 girls), and my father in law (escaping from my mother in law who is home bound and just plain difficult) DH is really glad - and I'm just praying that nothing happens to keep them from making the trip. Many in my family and neighborhood will be here and then friends... who and how many is a complete mystery and why I have no idea how much food we'll need.

I'm stressed beyond limits... and not. What will be, will be... If there's not enough food we'll order pizza.... The people we care for are coming.... We'll be happy to celebrate... These are the things I've been saying to myself. 

Working to eat well and get my steps in. I know this is important to my PLAN and it will help my mood...Three different people have noticed that I've lost weight. I still make light, deflect and shy away from the compliments. I have to work on this. I have to be comfortable in my skin and proud of the work it takes to lose and MAINTAIN... I really want to lose at least the 5 lbs the Dr. suggested. I really want to be in the 170's when I go back on the 17th.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations to your daughter.

The party will be great.

Wendy said...

Congratulations! Don't worry about the party, I've been to parties where there was a tiny amount of food (and people just restrained themselves) and parties where there is way too much food, and it's all good! Plus if all the food gets eaten up, that's a good thing, rather than having a bunch of leftovers.
Enjoy! Bask in this, it sounds very well-earned by all.