Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Into Another Week...

The weekend was good to regroup and last night was the last of the dreaded commitments - things I got roped into that do not bring me joy...

I know I'm feeling some stress as the girls are both going to camp this weekend. Of course one goes Saturday and the other can't be checked in til Sunday. Originally we dreamed of a girls' trip up with an overnight Saturday- Sunday, but the DH decided it sounded fun and wants to come - girls eye roll and that's squashed... I know it sounds bad, but the Dad is notorious for making executive decisions about when we stop, where we eat and when we can leave.... think passive aggressive. He's not very sensitive when it comes to the girls (especially in their teens) and has a habit of saying the exact wrong thing at the worst time; making jokes about religion or drugs, or sex (at a Lutheran Camp) or making comments about clothing choices..... He is NOT a good listener so no matter how many times we've discussed the girls' summer, logistics, friends, money --- anything ---- it feels as if these talks were with someone else. The girls love him, don't want him to feel bad, but we girls are on the same page, and no one wants to be embarrassed or humiliated.

Sad, but he's got history.

PLAN B will probably mean two trips for me and 12 hours in a car... because... Saturday a girls only trip up; drop off the oldest, let the little one bring a friend... Sunday DH will ride to bring the little one and I will deal...

Weekend will be over and my last week as a part-timer will begin... without kids.... I'm food shopping for me - planned meals, healthy options and trying to encourage the DH to eat well and lay off the beer. I'm going to the gym, walking the dog, and keeping the house status quo...

My food hasn't been bad this week, but I'm finding it hard to stay focused on planning, logging food and getting all my steps consistently. I'll keep trying and get my butt on the scale. Diligence and Accountability.

2 comments:

Enz said...

I hope you enjoy the break while the kids are away. They will enjoy the break - so should you!

Sarah said...

Having a plan is half the battle.