Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Happy 4th!

The girls have been gone for almost 2 weeks. I miss them... AND I'm busy so it's not the way it was when they were younger. I went to my friends house last weekend. It was FUN and filled me up. All my "Girls Weekend" friends, plus a few husbands. The highlight was a day at the beach - one only accessible by boat with just a few people and a bunch of seals. You can see how desolate. We spent the whole day, had a picnic, walked the shore, and a few of us (not me) swam. The temps were low 80's (unlike the 90s at home) and just a light breeze. I did not burn. Great Day!

Unfortunately I came home to a sick dog. After 2 full days of vomiting and diarrhea with no response to all of my home remedies we were off to the vet for tests, fluids and meds.. Hemorrhagic gastroenteritis is the diagnosis
and the treatment is soft, bland, food (baby food, boiled chicken and rice) until she's back to normal. She was so spent after the vet that she did nothing but sleep on the kitchen floor. I honestly worried that she was dead she was so still. The next day she wanted to go for her walk, drank a bit of water and ate a small jar of baby food. She was definitely not well, but seemed a little better. This morning she went for a walk, ate chicken and rice and sat outside with us for morning coffee- still not "normal", but acting more herself. I love my dog...

And I love my cat too - who is no where to be found this morning, and this is totally out of his character... My pets will be the death of me!!!

We're heading to my sister's on the lake for a BBQ. It will be weird without the girls, but also nice to not have to pack towels, sunscreen, clothes for the family. I'm bringing a chopped salad and the menu is grilled salmon. We are all about the healthy options these days. I've been pretty decent with my food. Only exception is snacking on air popped corn with a tablespoon of melted whipped butter. I think the biggest issue is being bored at night and watching too much tv. I haven't been in a mood to read for a few months. I'm going to +try+ to find a beach book to get me back in the habit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 comments:

neca said...

What kind of thing do you like to read? I recommend Patricia Briggs if you're into urban fantasy.

MaryFran said...

Yay for not burning! It sounds like a fun girls weekend.

Bill to the dog not feeling well! Thank heavens you’re back on the track toward health for the pet! It’s no fun to have a sick Pat, last weekend my cat was just feeling off… Or should I say acting off kilter. I worried about her all weekend, luckily she recovered and is back to her normal self.

Good job on the chopped salad and salmon!

Wendy said...

That is one cute dog! It sure is stressful when they don't feel well. Hope she is continuing to feel better, or maybe even back to normal.

That beach sounds fab! And the company as well. Yay for summer!