Saturday, September 29, 2018

Trying a Little Harder to Get a Little Better

I've been more thoughtful about what I put in my mouth. I've also had some donut holes, brownies and cookies in the last week that were not on my plan. I have to get used to the office break room and understand that I'm not obligated to sample everything that makes its way to the common table.

For the most part I'm eating a good breakfast - oatmeal with protein powder, almond milk and a banana; lunch is a cup of soup and dinner is salad/protein and that is it. I'll have a cup of yogurt or kefir, or a granola bar later on, though I have to get over the need for a sweet before bed. I've been working on skipping the kitchen and heading right up to read or watch a show on my IPad. It's almost tea season so that should help with my choices.

I'm still getting used to working a full day. I am tired a lot of the time and it's near impossible to get the mojo together to walk the dog longer than around the block or get to the gym. I need to get into an exercise mode - something that I'll do with regularity. And my fall is crazy - the little one has Field Hockey, horseback riding and driver's ed as well as a life that needs transportation. And I love to watch her games. It's amazing how talented the girls are; and how fast the sport has become since I played in high school. As a sophomore, she's on JV so games don't start until 5 p.m. or later which means I go home after work for an hour and then we're out til after 7; which makes for a very long day. We have horse shows every weekend through the middle of November, so I just try my best to sneak in a load of laundry, empty the dishwasher and pick up groceries whenever I find the time.

Today I ran with my girlfriends as is usual. Last week I walked a lot; but today I felt much stronger for some reason and only stopped 4 times over 5 miles. If only I could keep it up during the week! Back at home I mowed the lawn, cut down the perennials, did laundry and dyed my hair. The DH and I are going to have sushi for dinner - keeping it healthy!

AND we've adopted a new cat. His name depends on who you talk to - the little one calls him PO from Kung Fu Panda; DH calls him Kitty; and I call him Fatty or Circle K because he is a circle; and he is fat - 21 pounds and only 3 years old! But he's sweet; follows me around; sleeps on the bed with the dog... cute.




No comments: