Thursday, October 18, 2018

Another trip to the Doctor...

I don't have my labs back yet, but I'm pretty sure my numbers are up. It's impossible to sleep more than a few hours at a time; but I feel narcoleptic during the day - SO sleepy! My hair is all over the place - a small mammal appears in the shower every morning- and I'm up 2 pounds to 184.0. Additionally I'm irritable, and though clocks haven't changed yet and we haven't had a hard frost, I feel the SAD sinking in...

So now what? First, I have to reign in the food. I have to get back into weight loss mode. I need to cut out the sugar and the gluten (though to be honest, there's been less gluten). I need to drink water and take vitamin D and  B and Omega-3s. I need to walk longer and exercise. Lately in the mornings, I'm going out 15 minutes early for a quick lap around the block before meeting my neighbor. I want it to  become habit and I really need to run it. AND I'm toying with the idea of changing my work hours so I can go to the gym first thing. I know it is the best option as I'm so easily convinced to blow off the gym in the afternoon. I just need to bring it to my boss...

So my next appointment is November 15. My doctor would like to see my weight lower; especially before we go into the holidays. The plan I left with is to lose (5 lbs?), maintain through the holidays and start losing again after the New Year. It's totally doable I just have to commit to making it happen. For the next four weeks I'm weighing in every day. That should keep me honest.

I've done it before. I've been great at losing and I can be great at it again. I don't want to feel like this!- What I really want to feel is RESTED. I want to SLEEP until I wake up - with no time schedules, no distractions. And it won't happen this weekend - HOMECOMING at my daughter's college (aka Parent's weekend) and then another horse show Sunday for the little one . And so it is...

2 comments:

Enz said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Keep us posted.

MaryFran said...

The weight...you can do it!!!! The feeling rested...I’m crossing my fingers that the weight loss helps and that they can get to the bottom of it!!!